During the week end of 7-9 January 2022, the European Citizens' Panel on climate change, environment and health met for the third and last time and adopted 51 recommendations on the challenges that Europe has to face.
The 51 recommendations are organized under 5 sub chapters:
- Better ways of living
- Protecting our environment and health
- Redirecting our economy and consumption
- Towards a sustainable society
- Caring for all
Unfortunately, none of the recommendations regarding sport that were considered by the panel, have been adopted. These recommendations were:
- Intensifying the European Commission's campaign "HealthyLifestyle4All"
- Establishing subsidies for free public sport in all Member States
- In line with "HealthyLifestyle4All", promote initiatives such as sportive social events, sport activities in schools, bi-annual Olympiads open to all ages group, and to all sports
- The development of a free European sport app
The EOC EU Office is disappointed to see that the panel did not adopt any of these recommendations. However, the recommendations will be presented and discussed at the Conference Plenary, where the Conference's final proposals will continue to be shaped.